- Registration of Cooperative Societies across the three Senatorial Districts
- Conduct of Cooperative Data Analysis System (CODAS)
- Arbitrate between feuding Co-operators and also, between Register Cooperative Societies
- Submission of Application Letter addressed to the Hon. Commissioner and for the attention of Officer.
- Collection of Registration checklist and questionnaire.
- Completion of questionnaire with attached relevant document.
- Submission of draft bye-law of the proposed Society for review.
- Submission of completed questionnaire with documents
- Verification of claims by intending Society.
- Processing of verified information to the Director of Cooperatives for approval
- Payment of Prescribed Registration fee to any of the listed Edo State IGR account.
- Presentation of procured materials such as Analysis book, Double Cash book etc.
- Printing of certificate
- Inauguration / Issuance of certificate / Training of Cooperators.
- Capturing of functional Cooperative Societies Data
- Encoding the functional Cooperative Societies into the platform through the Desk Officer to the Director, while the Director report through the Permanent Secretary to the Honorable Commissioner of the Ministry
- Receipt letter of Complaint on behalf of the Director of Cooperatives
- Submission of payment of Prescribed Arbitration to the Edo State IGR account
- Investigating the matters contained in the complaints.
- Invitation of aggrieved Cooperative Members for a meeting.
- Submission of report of findings to the Director of Cooperatives
- Training and Re-training of all trustees of Registered Cooperatives.
- Inspection of Books and Records of Registered Cooperatives
- Documentation, Maintenance and Retrieval of Files of Registered Cooperatives
- Drawing of the Yearly Work Plan for the Cooperative Department.
- To have access to all financial transactions of the society, to ascertain transparency.
- To ensure that the society financial activities is being subjected to auditing if observed that the society account is yet to be audited.
- In the event of irregularities discovered during such inspections shall take people into custody the cash balance of the society and report same to the Director of Cooperatives.
- Receiving of brief of work target and initiatives
- Development of draft plan
- Vetting of draft work plan
- Validation of draft plan.
- Processing of draft plan for approval.
- Facilitate relationship between the Ministry and the External Auditor who are saddled with the function of auditing registered Cooperative Societies.
- Inspect Audit and Financial report submitted to the Ministry
- Advise the Director of Cooperatives on the financial health of Registered Cooperatives
- Profile Registered Accounting firms for Audit of Cooperatives .
Cooperative Relation Officer interfaces between the Ministry, the Public, Institution and Registered Cooperative bodies in the State.